Your Journey, Your Career with Liz Ryan by Northwestern Alumni Association
“Your Journey, Your Career with Liz Ryan” is a unique ongoing interactive career discussion provided by the Northwestern Alumni Association to its alumni and friends. The group meets once a month for a lively, 90-minute call. Every month we’ll tackle a different topic, from Putting LinkedIn to Use for You to Articulating Your Personal Brand, Using Your Alumni Network and Cultivating a Personal Board of Directors.
Liz Ryan (GC92), a nationally-renowned career and workplace advisor, will lead the monthly calls.
All sessions will be recorded and posted on the NAA Website.
Coaching call topics will include:
• Personal reinvention
• Professional development and continuing education
• Using LinkedIn in Your Networking, Business Development and Job Search
• Personal branding
• Building Career Altitude ™ skills:
Who Should Attend these career discussions?
• Alumni and friends from all graduation years and career stages are encouraged to attend.
What Will Attendees Receive?
• The audio file from each group coaching call
• An E-book or handout related to the topic of the month
What Can I Expect to Gain?
If you participate in our monthly career discussions and dig into the exercises and discussions, you can expect to gain:
• A clearer sense of your professional brand and direction
• Better ease and comfort with all facets of networking (one-on-one, group networking, online networking)
• A better sense of your career goals and market value
• Language for your resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letters and other professional situations
• A support group for professional changes you may be contemplating
• Confidence and ideas for your professional adventures
How do I participate?
Attendees will be provided with a phone number to call into each session. Each month you will receive a handout or E-book prior to the call. Participants may submit questions or comments via Twitter using the hashtag #AskLizRyan or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . See this brief instructional video about how to use Twitter .
When are these sessions taking place?
Sessions take place once per month at 7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm MT/4pm PT. Each call is 90 minutes long.
June 26, 2012: What’s Your Path? Settling on a Career Path or Professional Next Steps
July 24, 2012: Building a New Frame for Your Career
August 28, 2012: Connecting the Dots: Your Story is Your Brand
September 25, 2012: Writing a Human-Voiced Resume™
October 23, 2012: Business Pain and Dragon-Slaying Stories ™
November 27, 2012: Stop! Don’t Send That Resume™
December 18, 2012: Building Your Online Soapbox
January 22, 2013: Your Entrepreneurial Future: whether you work full-time or work for yourself, you’re going to run your career like a business
February 26, 2013: Using LinkedIn in Your Networking, Business Development and Job Search
March 26, 2013: Cultivating and Mobilizing Your Network
April 23, 2013: Not Everyone Deserves You: Picking Employers and Clients Who Deserve Your Talents
May 28, 2013: Focus on the Fuel Tank: Growing Mojo in Yourself and Your Team
What is the cost?
“Your Journey, Your Career with Liz Ryan” is offered at no charge to NU alumni, students, and friends, with a request that every participant who gets value from his or her participation make an annual donation to Northwestern.
Register Here for the coaching call series. Registration for individual calls is not available.
Each call will be recorded. Attendees will receive an audio file of the recording after each call.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 847-491-5648