NAA Continuing Education Programs and Resources
The NAA offers alumni, students, parents, and friends of Northwestern many options to continue learning on a broad variety of topics each year.
Chicago and Evanston Metro Areas
- A Day with Northwestern in Evanston: Participate in your choice of several lectures presented by prominent Northwestern faculty, alumni, and students on the Evanston campus. The next A Day with Northwestern in Evanston will be held Saturday, April 14, 2012.
- Classes without Quizzes: Classes without Quizzes provides alumni an opportunity during Homecoming and Reunion Weekend to attend lectures by prominent alumni and key faculty on interesting and timely topics.
- NAA Chicago Theatre Events: Attend theatre productions with strong Northwestern influence/connections. Gain new insights during exclusive post-show discussions with Northwestern-connected directors, actors, and members of the production team. The most recent theatre event: "Red" October 13, 2011.
- Alumnae of Northwestern: The Alumnae of Northwestern University is a volunteer board that shares the University’s resources with alumni and the community-at-large while supporting Northwestern’s commitment to excellence in education. Alumnae projects include the Continuing Education Program, which offers intellectually stimulating, quarterly noncredit courses to the public at modest cost.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute National Resources Center (OLLI): OLLI plays a lead role in disseminating information on effective educational programming for older learners.
- School of Continuing Studies (SCS): SCS offers a broad range of educational programs: You may want to further your education with a degree or a certificate, prepare for new career challenges and opportunities, or perhaps explore a new interest. SCS is there for you every step of the way.
Outside Chicago and Evanston Metro Areas
- Northwestern Explores: Northwestern faculty and alumni speakers bring multi-disciplinary and unqiue perspectives to topics of interest.
- A Night with Northwestern: A Night with Northwestern events typically take place in one evening and occur in large metropolitan areas. They may incorporate expert faculty and alumni lecturers who speak on a broad variety of topics. The latest event took place in New York.
- Faculty Speaker Events: Faculty experts travel to Northwestern Clubs across the country, where they present on topics of general or specific interest to area alumni. These events are often scheduled around a dinner, reception, or lunch. Find upcoming NAA events in your area.
Updated January 17, 2012.