NEXT (Northwestern Externship Program) -- About
Across the country, students may participate in the tenth-annual Northwestern Externship Program (NEXT). Co-sponsored by University Career Services and the Northwestern Alumni Association, NEXT is a one-day job shadowing program that offers current NU students the opportunity to accompany alumni at their place of employment in order to learn about a specific field.
How NEXT Works
1. In December, interested alumni sign up online as NEXT Alumni Hosts.
2. Hosts' anonymous descriptions will be available online for students to browse in January. Students will submit letters of interest and their resume to the NAA at this time.
3. In February, Hosts whose profiles have drawn interest from students will receive an e-mail from the NAA containing a link to view submissions from students who are interested in their particular externship opportunity.
4. Alumni Hosts will review the student submissions and resumes and submit their top five choices to the NAA.
5. The NAA will match hosts and students and notify all parties of their matches by the end of February. The student will contact his/her Host in late February/early March to set up a date for the job shadowing to take place. The official timeframe for NEXT 2013 is March 25-April 25, 2013, but if the Host and Student agree that a different date works best, they can schedule for that time instead.
For other alumni volunteer opportunities please click here.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 491-5648.