Northwestern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA)
WANT TO MAKE A DONATION?
Make your gift today and support the NUBAA Promise Scholarship. Every gift counts; consider donating as little as $25 or as much as you can.
To represent the interests of black alumni who have matriculated from NU, either at the undergraduate or graduate level, thereby deepening their commitment to the university
To serve as a resource to the university in its efforts to recruit and graduate more African-American scholars
Provide extensive alumni networking opportunities by leveraging the database of more than 5,000 black graduates.
Provide financial support for programs designed to increase the black student population, including fundraising for scholarships for future and current students
Support recruitment and retention efforts at the undergraduate and graduate levels
Actively promote and encourage a measurable commitment to diversity and inclusion by the University
• Sponsor events and social functions to connect black alumni
• Partner with the Northwestern Alumni Association, Multicultural Student Affairs and other relevant departments to present programs that enhance diversity and inclusion in student recruitment and retention
• Engage individual and corporate donors for scholarship funds
• Feature the work and accomplishments of black alumni, faculty and staff members through various communications vehicles
• Serve as a resource for university-wide talent retention and recruitment, and supplier diversity
NUBAA membership benefits
• Invitations to special events
• Career and networking workshops
• NUBAA and NAA event discounts
• Electronic newsletter
• NAA news and information
The NUBAA annual membership fee is $30; join online today!
Spring 2013 Multi-City Mixers
Friday, March 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington DC.
Click here for venue information and to register online.
8th Annual NUBAA 5K Run/Walk for Diversity
Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Click here for more information.
Early Bird Discount: From March 1 - April 1 we are offering a discounted rate of $20 (from $30) for the 5K.
Destination Homecoming 2013 is Coming!
Friday October 4
6:00pm ASA/NUBAA Black House Reception
7:00pm Young Alumni After Work Event @ Hotel Sax
Saturday October 5
9:00am Tailgate, West lot
Game @ Ryan Field
10:00pm Post-Game Party Hotel Sax
Sunday October 6
11:00am-2:00pm Gospel Brunch featuring NCE
@ Ja Grille, Hyde Park